Monday, January 10, 2011

From Mongo Beans to Carbonara with Love

For the last weeks of December, I've been craving to eat Mongo Beans(Monggos).  Hehehe!  I've been always eating pasta, pizza, chicken and other foods for the past months.  So when Jaydee texted me one time that he's cooking Monggos, I immediately got a craving to eat some.  Hahaha!  I can't remember when was the last time I ate some Monggos.  So on that day ,at lunch time Me and my friend Wally really searched for a store selling it.  But unfortunately, no store was selling it.  I told Jaydee about my craving for Monggos so he
promised that he will cook for me when he will have some time.  So last January 2, while it was raining hard, Jaydee cooked Mongos.  And it was so perfect for the weather.  A hot Monggos for the cold weather.  Yummy.  Hehehe!

In return, yesterday afternoon, I cooked carbonara for Jaydee and his family.  It was my first time to cook the said dish.  I was so nervous that they might not like it.  But it turned out pretty well.  It was delicious.  Hehehe!  Well, it was because Jaydee helped me cook it.  Hahaha!  But infairness, it was me who really planned out everything and it wasalso his first time cooking carbonara.  Hehehe!  I'm so proud of myself.  Hahaha!

Below is the recipe of the Carbonara that we have made.  I won't post the recipe of the monggos, because I did not know how Jaydee cooked it.  I was busy watching How I Met Your Mother when he was cooking it.  Hahaha!

Ingridients:
Fettuccine Pasta
Butter
Mushroom
Freshmilk(1 box)
Cream(2 cups)
Chicken(cut into small pieces)
Bacon(cut into small pieces)
cornstarch
garlic
onion

Steps:
On a sauce pan, heat the butter.  Then add the cream.  When the cream and butter are already well mixed.  Add a a cup of the fresh milk.  Dissolve the cornstarch on a cup with fresh milk.  Then add the mixture.  When the sauce is already creamy, add the rest of the milk.

On another pan, heat the butter.  When it is already melted, sautee the garlic and onion.  Add the chicken, and season it.  When the chicken is already cooked, add the bacon.  When the bacon and chicken are cooked, mixed it with the white sauce and then add the mushroom.  Mix it for 5 minutes until the mushroom is cooked.  Then add a little salt and pepper.  Turn off the heat and mix the sauce with your pasta.  And it's all done.

I was really planning to also put shrimp, but when we bought the ingredients, there were no shrimp being sold there.  Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment